Different Bikes for Different Purposes?

spinner

My impression of motorcycles is based on limited experience, but from what I can tell, the big bikes like Harleys look like they're built more for road trips, and the Hondas seem more like racing or daily use bikes. Is this generally true, or am I way off base? Could one road trip with one of those smaller bikes?

MaximumSpeed

You probably *could*, but my son says that his bottom starts to hurt after sitting on one for an hour, so it might mean a lot of breaks!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen people road trip with the smaller bikes. I guess it depends on your comfort level. I've sat on the sport bikes and found them uncomfortable.

MaximumSpeed

On the other hand, Honda DOES make the Gold Wing, which is more of a touring bike. They seem like they would be pretty comfortable for going long distances.

minyoung

My impression of motorcycles is based on limited experience, but from what I can tell, the big bikes like Harleys look like they're built more for road trips, and the Hondas seem more like racing or daily use bikes. Is this generally true, or am I way off base? Could one road trip with one of those smaller bikes?
Technically you can use the two bikes either way. But I agree with you the Harleys are best for long distance trips. It's not just about its comfort but also the size of the engine.