Do you get expensive oil?

jumpinjacks

When you change your oil do you go for basic oil or the more expensive stuff. Do you think that the more expensive stuff is any better? Has there been any recent improvement in the more expensive oil?

Dodge Doll

That depends on the vehicle, in truth, and how old it is and how long I've owned it.

Now, ask me about the jet-ski engines we build into runabout boats.... THOSE we ALWAYS use the name-brand stuff in, buying generic has been proven to actually kill the life span in less than 4 years. OUCH.

vroombaby

I never buy the cheapest but I never buy the most expensive either. With the life we tend to life I still shop smart otherwise I would not be able to afford the goodies that come along in our life.

philio

We are a lot like Vroom. We go about middle of the road. We don't want to go so cheap we mess up our cars, but we don't buy the unnecessarily expensive stuff either.

coup

If you were to start using the really expensive oil and full injection cleaners from the first miles put on a car you could theoretically make it last forever.

HANG

If you were to start using the really expensive oil and full injection cleaners from the first miles put on a car you could theoretically make it last forever.
I doubt that. That's just what they want you to believe. That's not going to make a difference with your car in the long run, let me tell you. Just use the middle of the line stuff.