Driving in flip flops

Hotrod25

I am not going to drive in flip flops anymore! I almost wrecked this morning because my flip flop got caught under the brake. I could not stop! I was able to use my left foot and hit the brake. It was scary though! Do you drive in flip flops?

leadfoot

I generally kick mine off and drive barefoot. I really think that's safer than keeping them on. I know some friends that have actually wrecked because of those things.

bobc

I don't wear flip flops but I do wear work boots. I often times have a problem with my boots too. I wouldn't drive in flip flops ever. I don't think driving barefoot is a good choice but it's probably smarter than driving in flip flops.

FenderBender

I drive in flip flops every day all summer long and I have never had a problem. I think that it is possible for something like this to happen in any type of shoe though. I mean think about it, if your work boots have thick tread or if you are wearing heels, they could both get caught the same way.

RoseRed

I live in Florida, so we wear flip flops almost all year. I've never had an issue driving in them myself. I'm sorry you had such a scary experience.

vroombaby

I have heard that in many states it is illegal to drive with a shoe that has no heal. I remember my parents telling me about this years ago and yes after I was 18 and out on my own I tried it. Totally hated it too, zero control what-so-ever and I ended up barefoot (I think this is illegal too).

Ben

Driving in flip-flops

I wear sandals that are similar to flip-flops, and occasionally I'll catch the toe of mine. Nothing has prevented me from controlling the car. I'll have to be extra careful not to get them stuck.