Dry gas or gas cleaner

Hotrod25

What do you use if any to help keep moisture out of your gas tank. I did not know there was anything other then dry gas. I saw several other options when I ran into Auto Zone today. What do you use and why?

HondaMan

If you're trying to keep moisture out of your tank, then dry gas is your only option. However, if you drive at least every other day and keep a half tank (or more) of gas in your car, then you shouldn't need the dry gas treatment.

Personally, I put nothing in my gas tank but gas.

JohnBoy

I've been driving for many years and never even heard of moisture in a gas tank. Is this some new thing they want us to spend money on when we don't need it? My cars have always gone when they had gas in the tank.

Naptime

Honda is correct, dry gas is the only way to get moisture out of your tank. The other things are gas treatments in the unlikely event that you get bad gas. I have never put any of them in my gas tank though.

Hotrod25

Thanks for clarifying. We use dry gas in the winter - something about moisture in the tank. I don't know why gas gets moisture in it in the winter, anyone know? I live in NY.

bjstorm

Moisture in the gas tank seems to happen in cold weather. You can avoid the problem or at least lessen the impact by keeping your tank more than half full at all times.