Dumb Fed Ex driver

FenderBender

Today I was driving home and this Fed Ex driver started backing up into a driveway when he clearly did not have the time to do so. It was raining heavily so visibility was down but there was clearly oncoming traffic in both directions. The car 2 cars in front of me couldn't stop in time so she tried to dodge around him but didn't make it. He hit her back end and flattened her tire. I am not sure what other damage was caused. Because that lady tried to go around, the car in front of me had time to stop but I had to turn sideways to avoid them. The best part is that the Fed Ex driver, as he was parked straight across both lanes of traffic, proceeded to get out and act like it was HER fault!

Big Al

Some of the people hired to drive delivery trucks need to go back to driver's training. Some of them seem to think just because they have the benefit of size, they can do whatever they want.

FenderBender

I know right Big Al? That was exactly what ran through my mind when it happened. I just couldn't believe he tried to pass it off as her fault when it was so clearly his. I am just glad that it was not much, much worse.

Pete

Don't want to generalize here but some of these truck drivers think they have own the road. My father-in-law says they have the, "right of weight".

Hotrod25

Oh that would have made me so angry! He could have caused a major car pileup! I would have called Fed Ex and turned him in right away. I hope the cops took all of your statements so he got the tickets.

cartalk

I thought they had to pass some sort of test to be able to drive those things?! Just because your vehicle is bigger does not automatically mean you reign supreme!

vroombaby

That is okay, one came by about 2 weeks ago to deliver something for us and backed into our driveway. On the way out he clipped our mailbox and kept driving off. Trying to get a report with this company is like pulling teeth!

Tony

I have a general dislike for delivery trucks because I'm from a large city. They double park and cause other problems so to hear something like this isn't all that surprising.

Luanne

They also think that because they're on the clock and in a hurry, everyone else has to wait for them. We've all sat and waited, burning our own fuel, for them to finish what they are doing. The ones bugging me the most right now are all those lawn maintenance guys who pull rakes, trash cans and riding mowers in a trailer behind them and park anywhere they want to park.