Dusty Dash

I don't know if it's because my dash is black, but it seems to attract dust as if it were magnetized. Is there anything I can do to minimize the appearance of dust on the dash?

FenderBender

I have the same problem with my dash but the only thing that you can really do is wipe it of occasionally. I don't think they really make a product that keeps your dash from getting dusty.

Vroom Vroom

I have had pretty good luck with Armor All. It doesn't repel dust, but it seems like it takes a little longer for the dust to build up.

RoseRed

I have a black dash too and I just have to wipe it frequently. Vroom Vroom is right, though; Armor All helps extend the time a little.

Flipit

I bought the most wonderful dash duster from Flylady.com. It's treated with something that makes the thing a dust magnet. It's shaped so it glides right over the dash and gets into the nooks and crannies, too. I use it a couple of times a week. It only takes a few swishes. I sound like a commercial, but I really do like it.

Wildman

Have you tried wiping it down with some Static Guard? It will get rid of the static which makes the dust cling to surfaces. I hate for the dash to get dusty like that. I do carry a Swiffer Duster to get the dust and it works well for me.

vroombaby

I would take dusty over cracked any day. Yesterday we headed out to pick up a few last minute items before the big dinner and my spouse noticed a crack near the top right side of the dash. I never noticed it since I sit on the drivers side.

Wildman - Thanks for that idea! I had never heard of spraying the dash with Static Guard, but we keep some around the house for the laundry, so I'll be sure to try it. I think I also need to keep a Swiffer duster in there, since they work a lot better than washcloths!