DVD shelf latch issue

coup

My sister has a DVD shelf over the back seat in her van. The problem is that the latch is not designed well, and it keeps flipping open, making DVD's fall on every ones head. Does anyone have a quick fix for this problem?

daddysmonkey

Duct tape would be your quickest fix. I'd have to see a picture of the case to really get creative, but perhaps another option would be sticky velcro strips that could be placed in such a way as to velcro the lid shut and still be able to open it easily?

sharky

You might want to think "Baby proof". What I mean is that there are all sorts of latches made for baby proofing that can also double for situations like that. No matter what sort of cabinet you have (that it could flip open) there are already tons and tons of latches you could use.

coup

Hrm, well I might use duck tape as a temporary measure. Of course, I do not want to damage the cabinet. Coup, that is a really good idea. Where does one pick up baby latches, who would have the best selection so I could find one that works?

jumpinjacks

The best place to go is Babies R Us. You might find some at a super center, but not the kind of selection you want. Babies R Us are few and far in between these days, so I would recomend you click on the word Babies R Us in this post and go to their website.

Andy C

You could look at Lowe's or Home Depot too. Your local hardware store may also be able to help you. I've had more luck with them because they've been in business a long time and have seen every type of situation.

coup

Great, thanks for the tip guys. I looked at the link and saw a few things that might work. I have to go to Home Depot tomorrow anyway so I will give them a look and then I can pick something up and get this fixed.