Enormous Nissan Recall

coup

We are seeing one of the biggest recalls happening in the history of recalls. Nissan is going to have some real trouble with this one. Global the recall will total 2.4 million cars. The US gets lucky because the number being recalled from the US is only 738,276 cars! Wow!

Last edited:

spinner

Yikes, that's hard times on Nissan for sure. In a time where car sales are finally going up, it's not good to be the company doing such a massive recall!

Candle

This is definitely bad timing for Nissan. I know here in Canada, the sales of cars are going up as well as in the US. This will mean a big back off of customers for Nissan, I would imagine. Do others agree that customer's who had been thinking of buying a Nissan, might now look to something else because of this recall?

MaximumSpeed

At least it's a minor thing, generally speaking. Definitely could have been something worse. An ignition relay ("25 minute fix") is less likely to cause injuries than some things that can go wrong. :)

Candle

Ah, I thought it was more important than that. Somehow I get this picture of the guys on the assembly line finding a bag of screws (whatever was missing), and wondering what they are. I'm sure they would have gone to their foreman, who might have started panicking wondering what hadn't been done.

DaMan

I can't imagine how frustrating that must be for Nissan! I mean, money is tight as it is, companies are struggling and then THIS. Wow.. I hope they make it through, because I love Nissan.