Europe is running out of plastic

Spokane

Maybe they can do something with metal to make it as light as plastic but still as good in quality. They're going to have to something.

Marcus

Of all the things we could have a shortage of on this planet, plastic was the last one I expected to hear about. I wonder what a disruption in European auto manufacturing would do to their economy.

ICU2

I think they'll compensate for the shortage. I don't see this as having a major impact on their economy. If anything, they can just get the plastic from elsewhere.

FenderBender

Who would have thought that we would ever run out of plastic? It seems to be everywhere these days. Maybe having to come up with alternatives isn't such a bad thing though.

Devan

How do you run out of plastic? Maybe they could learn to recycle like we Americans do. There is certainly enough in the news about saving the planet.

Donnie

Plastic

Plastic comes from oil, so it is definitely an expendable source. This is just one more wake-up call for the entire world, especially countries like ours who consumes a lot. Our planet has limited natural resources. We need to conserve them.

Ben

Plastic shortage

With people using plastic for even their drinking water, no wonder plastic usage has been so high over the years. The entire world needs to become more conscious of depleting natural resources.

RoseRed

Plastic comes from oil, so it is definitely an expendable source. This is just one more wake-up call for the entire world, especially countries like ours who consumes a lot. Our planet has limited natural resources. We need to conserve them.
I was just going to say this. I don't think anyone should be surprised when we run low on oil-based products. I don’t know what Europe is going to do to resolve the problem, but as they say, necessity is the mother of invention.

UGoGirl

I am living for the day that the whole planet runs out of plastic. I absolutely hate the stuff, for the most part. It has it's place, but we need a lot less of the stuff around.

Wildman

I can understand running low on a product made as byproducts of oil production, but why can't they use recycled plastic products in the manufacture of new vehicles. Surely they have junk yards which have tons of parts that can be melted down and used again.