Expensive tires better?

Always2gether

Are expensive tires really always better? I'm curious because my fiancé seems to always want to get the things that cost the most. I really don't get it. But whatever. I want to prove him wrong lol.

vroombaby

The ones we recently purchased for our main "family car" ended up being great. Its only a little odd since we can feel the road a tad more, but the handling is superb!

MyMotor

I think that this is a case of you get what you pay for. That said, I think other rules are more important, like you should change the full set at the same time, not just one tire at a time.

Always2gether

I see, thanks for the tips. Ya, I still have a lot to learn. There are so many things to keep track of when you have a car. Thank god I have my boyfriend or I would be completely and utterly lost!

Eugene

I went with inexpensive tires once when money was really tight for me. They only lasted about half a long as the more costly ones I usually have bought.

RoadWarrior

I think it depends on what you want. Almost any new set of tires will carry you up and down the road every day. Some might ride rougher than others. Some might not last as long as others. And some might not look as good as others. It all depends on what you want and how much money you want to spend. Good luck.

I also go for the manufacturer's made ones, because they are made by more reliable methods and the life of such tires is more then the cheap ones.

Last edited:

Brent

I don't think so. An expensive tire maybe great, but it doesn't alway fit on your car. I agree with the others about going for the tires recommended by the car manufacturer.