Family car drama

Skippy

So far this week my siblings are having the worst car luck. Yesterday my little brother called me to tell me he wrapped his car around a doe and it sustained $4,000 worth of damage. It's too bad because he almost has the darn thing paid off. Then this morning I talked to my sister and her car broke down. She isn't quite sure what is wrong but she couldn't drive over 25 mph so she thinks it is a transmission problem. I am really hoping that nothing happens to mine!

JeepCrawl

Eek! I hope nothing bad happens to yours either. I know those deer hits can be really bad,I hope your brother wasn't injured. I live in an area with a really big deer population so accidents like this are pretty common. Actually a friend of mine hit one about a month back.

Flipit

Hitting a deer

The good thing is that most insurance companies do cover damages when a car hits a deer. My insurance company did, and my nephew's company has paid him three times. He's a deer magnet.

vroombaby

A friend of mine hit a deer last week about 10 minutes away from his house coming home from work. He said he did not kill it but clipped it and he was pretty sure the guy behind him killed it. In the end three cars hit the same deer, I would hate to see their repair bills (or that deer).

I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck your family seems to be having right now, Skippy! We've been fortunate, especially given the area we live in, not to have hit any deer in several years. The last one we hit totaled the car we hit it with.

Skippy

I have never hit one myself, knock on wood. My sister called me this morning and she found out that her transmission is totally blown on her truck. It will cost about $2000 to fix it, so basically she is out a vehicle. She doesn't have that much money to put into it.

FenderBender

Oh wow, that really stinks! I wouldn't think that it would even be worth fixing even if she did have the money unless it was fairly new. $2000 is a lot of money to sink into one repair.