Family Van on Gravel Road

Kohn

Our van went through a lot of rough roads the past few days. The family and a number of relatives fill up all 14 seats. I wonder if vans in general can withstand the punishment. What's the next best thing to do once relatives leave?

Guy

With gravel roads, I would think there would be a certain amount of dust, dirt and grit that has coated the underbody. As a mimimun I would take to a good car wash and pay for an underbody cleaning.

FiveSpeed

I agree with Guy. Also, check inside the wheel wells for rocks and mud, and clean inside there with a high pressure hose. Also, if it's been awhile since the oil was changed, you'll want to check that. And check the air filter.

Marvin

I'd just about bet my pay check that your air filter will need to be replaced. If the road was bumpy, you might double check your tire pressure too.

Kohn

Thanks guys! I just did all that. I also had the suspension checked :) A slight noise is coming out at the right rear when negotiating gravel road. Something may have been misaligned or something. The noise is almost imperceptible at this point, but one who's seated at the rear can tell if he listens carefully.