Favorite music

HANG

What are some of your favorite musicians? Mine are classic rock bands such as The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, and Creedence Clearwater Revival. I also will listen to pop music on occasion, such as Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.

Wini

I'm mostly into music that would be classified as alternative rock. Anything they play on the Alt Nation station on XM radio pretty much. Pop music is alright but I'm not into hip hop or rap.

Dodge Doll

It really depends on the drive at hand!

During the gridlock of rush hour, I'm likely listening to bobbi-sox music.... it's really hard to nuke the twit that just cut you off when you're singing along to SUNSHINE & LOLLIPOPS. Hahaha.

Highway time.... I want something with a beat that I can get lost in. On the freeway, I'm likely to have something a bit heavier, like a Metallica or Judas Priest tune.

I remember the one time I had my MIL in my van with me, and she'd brought a CD to listen to .... I could've died when I saw that she'd brought an Andrea Bocelli CD: OPERA.
I admit that my wheels were give a very wide berth at stoplights.

Wini

I remember the one time I had my MIL in my van with me, and she'd brought a CD to listen to .... I could've died when I saw that she'd brought an Andrea Bocelli CD: OPERA.
I admit that my wheels were give a very wide berth at stoplights.
Wow, I don't think I could handle opera in my car. I listen to music some might say is unconventional - mostly French music. I've had friends bring music I'm just not into so now I have a rule - I'm driving, I choose the music.

Dodge Doll

I'm with you, Wini, if I'm doin' the driving, I'm choosing the music.

It helps drown out rambunctious kids, too, and thanks to steering wheel stereo controls, I can do that without clueing them in about what it is I'm going to do! hahaha

HANG

That's pretty funny dodge. First though, I need to try to find out how to work my steering wheel radio controls. It is pretty complicated unfortunately ;(

jumpinjacks

Right now I don't have a radio in my car. I am in the middle of my transition. I had no idea how much I liked driving with music until it was gone.

sharky

I like the oldies and the goodies. Anything from the 50s and 60s keeps me feeling good. I also feel that I am less likely to speed when listening to oldies.

jumpinjacks

My kids brought their MP3 player since I don't have a radio and I get stuck listening to their girly pop music for the whole trip. I miss music but not enough to listen to that stuff.

Smooth

Whenever I go for a drive I always turn on the local classic rock station. Whether their playing music or a talk show I find the station makes my drive a lot more interesting.

silverfox

Hang, you took the words right out of my mouth, including Lady Gaga. Those are my all time favorites, too. My older brothers had some albums from The Byrds. I wish we still had them.