Female Mechanics

While they are definitely in the minority, there are female mechanics out there. In a field dominated by men, do you think a woman can repair a car just as well as a man?

Women - Would you trust your mechanic more freely if they were female?

Men - Would you have more trouble trusting your mechanic if they were female?

FenderBender

I think that women can do anything a man can. If I thought the woman was intelligent and knew what she was doing under the hood, I would have no problem going to her. I know a lot of girls that fix their own cars.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The job goes to who can do it best. Male, female, hybrid, purple, orange, blue, does not matter other then how well you can do the job.

Calvin

When I think about it, I go "I don't know about this." Then I remember what my wife said about female doctors. She says they have to be good if they can compete with the males and get into medical schools. Besides, they'd work even harder to prove themselves all through their schooling.

vroombaby

As long as they do the job they are paid to do I really do not care what gender they are. Most times I do see women in the area but very few are mechanics.

isis1

I have used both men and women mechanics. I also used to work in an auto parts store that had a woman manager. Some women know more than a lot of the men. As long as they are good I don`t care which gender they are.

Vroom Vroom

I've had some bad experiences with mechanics in the past, so I am leery about trusting any mechanic. I would probably be more comfortable dealing with a woman, but I wouldn't trust her more just because of her gender.

RoseRed

As long as they can fix my car, I don't care whether my mechanics are male or female. There is no inherent reason why males would be better mechanics.

ICU2

It doesn't matter to me if a mechanic is male or female as long as they can get the job done. If I need the plugs and wires replaced I'm going to hire the most qualified mechanic there is.