Flashing brights

FenderBender

I have to drive in the early morning hours quite often and as such I have my headlights on. My truck lights on dim are pretty bright but there isn't anything I can do about that. It never fails though that someone will come along and flash their brights at me. This is so dangerous! It could blind the other driver and cause them to have an accident. Do you flash your brights?

Last edited:

Hotrod25

I don't usually flash my lights at people when I think they have their high beams on. I just say a few choice words under my breath. You just never know if the person in the other vehicle has a gun. I'm not getting shot because I flashed my lights.

MaximumSpeed

I dislike that practice, as well. I don't, personally, but I have a friend who always does. He says if they're going to blind him, he's going to blind them. Real nice, huh?

striker

The only time I flash my lights is to warn another driver of something on the road ahead, such as deer or other wild life. I imagine it means different things in different areas.

If I'm flashed, then yes, I'll flash the driver back, to show them that they're incorrect in the assumption that I had my bright lights on in the first place. Also, if their bright lights are on and blinding, I will briefly flash them to "remind" them that their bright lights are on and need to be dimmed until oncoming traffic has passed.

FenderBender

If I'm flashed, then yes, I'll flash the driver back, to show them that they're incorrect in the assumption that I had my bright lights on in the first place. Also, if their bright lights are on and blinding, I will briefly flash them to "remind" them that their bright lights are on and need to be dimmed until oncoming traffic has passed.
This is the problem though! Some cars just have really bright dim lights. You should never flash your lights at someone else, because you never know what could happen when the other driver is temporarily blinded by your lights. If the lights of oncoming traffic seem too bright you are supposed to look to the white lines on the side of the road until they pass.