friends boat

vroombaby

We stopped by on the 24th to say hello and see how they are, lucky duck has a garage and he is working to repaint his boat and a spare car (old Mustang) at the same time. Anyone here have a boat? I heard they are kind of hard to paint.

FenderBender

We would love to have a boat, not that we could use it right now since most of the water around us is frozen. I wouldn't think they would be that hard to paint but they do take a special kind of paint I think.

vroombaby

Yea my husband would love a boat too but right now we are missing storage in order to have one, for me I am not much of a water sports fan either. I wonder how often someone should paint it, the friend said he had his for over ten years.

Lindsey

When we had our boat, every year in the spring we had to scrape and repaint the hull with special paint. I think we repainted the sides only once in 7 years to get rid of some scratches. But the hull painting is a must.

DMan

We used to have a boat, but we gave it up when the cost of gas went sky high. With that, along with the rental of the slip, it just became too expensive. Now we stick to a canoe.

MaximumSpeed

Seems like the water would be hard on the paint no matter how water-resistant it is. There are few things that are truly waterproof, with enough exposure to water. And, I have to agree it would be nice to have a big garage like that!

Bentley

I wish I had a boat! But, they do cost quite a bit to own and keep in nice condition on a yearly basis. Maybe, someday, in the far future I will have enough money & time to get myself one.

PEZluvr

I have never been interested in having a boat. I guess because of that, I didn't know you had to paint it. I guess I thought the color was part of the material (like siding, sort of) instead of something that had to be renewed often.

Lamboguy

I can't afford a boat with the insurance and fees to have it docked and what ever else goes into owning one but I have been out on one that was a friend of the family. It's a very relaxing and fun time. We even jump off the boat to swim in certain spots.

S

simmi

I do not have any boat but I want to have any, as I want to marry within a boat.

keith217

Boats are soo expensive.
They say there are tohappinest moments of a boat owners life. The day he buys the boat, and the day he sells it.

I can't afford to pay a couple hundred a month just to dock the boat. Not including the cost of cleaning and maintenance.