Fuel Additives

Opal

Do fuel additives really work? I'm considering using one just to see if it helps out on the gas mileage. Any suggestions?

Blitzer

When used consistently, yes, I think they do. It's been my experience that you can tell the difference after 2 or 3 fill-ups if your driving habits don't change.

Opal

Therein lies my challenge. I can't remember to put the stuff in when I fill up. I'm thinking of a sticky note on the dash to help me remember. Anything to help gas mileage with today's prices.

Spokane

Additives do work. They're slight and take time to notice, but they do work. And yes, if sticky notes on the dash help you remember, by all means. Whatever helps

Vroom Vroom

We could really tell a difference when we put an additive in our truck. It usually pings when it has to climb hills and the pinging stopped almost immediately after we put it in.

RoseRed

I never saw any difference when I tried additives, so I quit buying them. Perhaps it was too subtle for me to notice.

Capricheea

What kind of additives are you guys talking about? I'm curious too, I'd love to be able to economize more, wherever I can. I already stopped taking the car to the car wash, I just wash it myself most of the time. Whatever helps to reduce monthly costs.

Hotrod25

I tried one and I did not notice the difference in gas mileage. I don't really know what the additives are supposed to do. I do use dry gas each winter though. That is supposed to keep the moisture out of the gas.