Garage sale

Calvin

Now that the weather isn't so unbearably hot, I'm thinking we finally need to have a garage sale and get rid of things we've been boxing up all summer. What weeks do others find best to have a garage sale? I want quick and easy.

RoseRed

It depends on what is going on in your area. Try not to schedule your sale the same day there is a fair or art show, for example.

Hotrod25

We had one a couple of weeks ago and it was a big success. Is your town going to have one anytime soon? That is the best time to have one because more people will be out and about looking.

FenderBender

If I am going to do one I usually wait until they have the city wide sales in early April. It is held in conjunction with a fishing tournament and always brings a large crowd. I am not having anymore though I don't think. I decided it is just much easier to donate the stuff to charity or sell larger items on Craigslist.

MarieLynn

Fall, when the weather is starting to cool down is the best time for sure. I've found the toward the end or first of the month is usually best because a lot of people get 'checks' around that time so are looking for some deals. :smile:

leadfoot

When do the majority of the people in your area get paid? That's the time to have a yard sale. Thursday is pay day in my area or the first of the month when everyone gets their check.

j.parks

We love to have garage sales in the Fall. Best time of the year. More people are getting out because the weather is not so hot. I've found also that usually early or late in the month is the best time.