Gauges on Dashboard

roller

How many gauge do you have in your dashboard? Are all of them necessary to check the performance of your car?

I imagine my car having the kind of gauges filling my dashboard when I was very young. I wished that there is just one gauge to measure the overall performance of my car now that I have my own car.

rocketgirl

The car that I'm driving right now is pretty basic; it just has the odometer, gas, temperature, RPM, and speed gauges, I think. Sometimes I wish it had a little more so that I could know when certain maintenance items need to be looked at, but overall, I'm able to work with what I've got.

Trucker12

My car has a lot of gauges too and it's a pain but it is easier to tell what is wrong when there is a problem. If it's oil - the oil can lights up. If it's engine- the check engine light comes on.

Rockett

Mine just has the basics also. I've had it for 12 years now and I don't even think about them. Until, that is, something goes wrong.

silverfox

I also have the basic gauges on my car. Just yesterday a green light come on. It said: o/d off. I had no idea what it was. Was it for an open door or something? Then the next time I drove there was no green light on at all.

philio

I have a ton of lights on my dashboard. The problem is that two of them are ALWAYS on, one of which is the ABS. I have had all the systems checked so the issue is with the electrical sensor or something. I just ignore them because I would have to take it to the dealer or a special mechanic to get it fixed.