Government may sell its share of GM

MaximumSpeed

It appears the government is considering selling its share of GM, but the former "car czar" is against it, saying it's "too soon." I think the government never should have bought it to begin with, and it's never too soon for the government to get out of it. What do you think?

FenderBender

I think that if they feel that GM is back on it's feet then by all means they should get out. I don't think they should have done it either but since they did I think they should make sure they don't leave them in the same position they were in in the first place.

UGoGirl

Considering how many jobs it saved by giving GM a loan, I have no issues with what was done. The sooner the government sells its shares of GM, the more public confidence wll increase, and that's important too.

Hotrod25

I agree that with the Government buying stocks in GM they did save a lot of jobs. I think it's time now to sell if they think it's time. It would be a good thing for GM. I don't know why they think it would be bad.

Tony

I'm totally against the government bailout of GM. I've always believed that if a business fails another will come to take it's place. As for the government selling its shares, the sooner the better.

Big Al

Even though General Motors was saved from bankruptcy, I don't think the government should have intervened. The role of government isn't there to save poorly run businesses.