Half of the traveling done!

FenderBender

Today I worked until 3:30. Then we loaded up the car and we undertook the 5.5 hour journey to my families house. We got in about 10:30. Tomorrow we will have dinner at 2PM and then head back home because we have appointments and work on Wednesday.

Paul

I can sympathize with you FenderBender. We traveled last Saturday 3 hours down to my grandmother's house and 3 hours back. Last night it was 1.5 hours to my sister's house and 1.5 hours back. Today we are at home! Whew!! Traveling done!

Taylor

Traveling during the holidays

The worst thing about traveling this time of year, of course, is the bumper-to-bumper traffic. I like to keep a good distance between myself and the cars in front, but the people behind us don't seem to be as careful. It's the pushy drivers that bother me the most, even when I'm staying in the right-hand lane. I like to go a couple of miles over the speed limit, but there are always the creeping cars. Then there are the speed demons who ride your bumper. If everyone would just flow at the speed limit, the journey would be so much more bearable.

Hotrod25

Wow, that is a lot of traveling in a short time. It's great though that you get to see your family. My family lives close (most of them) so I get to see them often. How has the traffic been?

FenderBender

Yeah it was a lot of traveling in a very short time span. We didn't run into any bad traffic but we were traveling late night anyway. I was glad to be home last night that's for sure.

Geared

That's all part of the holiday season for most of us. Travelling. We always make the best of it with games we can play on the road. Helps pass the time in a fun way.