Harleys Are So Loud

bjstorm

I love the sound of a dirt bike especially when the guys are sitting on the line at a motocross race. But even with dirt bikes there are rules about how loud the exhaust can be, even at the track. So why is it that Harleys are so loud as street bikes and there are no problems with this? You can hear them coming from a mile away.

Hotrod25

I believe it's just the muffler system. I really don't notice that they are louder then any other bike. I guess I don't pay attention though. I think dirt bikes are loud. Maybe I'm used to Harley's - my dad has owned one since I was a baby.

Corinne

Loud motorcycles

I stopped at a stop light yesterday where three of these motorcycles were waiting for the light. Before I could even think about moving when the light changed, they were off and halfway up the block. They were so loud the others in the car commented on it, so I know what you mean.

harleydoll

Interesting, I've never noticed Harleys being any louder than other bikes. Most of family that own bikes have Harleys, though, so maybe I'm just used to the noise.

vroombaby

I kind of get what you are saying but honestly I am not sure about it. No one in our area has ever been reported for the noise of their bike, only a few neighbors that were actually reported for something else. They were caught having kids on the back without a helmet.