Hole in pool

Hotrod25

Seriously my pool has a hole in it again. We got it out to put it up (Intex one) and something ate a hole in it again. I'm buying a new one tomorrow but it sucks! It's one of the big ones $400ish plus for the new one.

spaz

Man, I'd be doing my best to figure out what the heck is eating the holes and getting rid of whatever it is. It might be something that could be dangerous to any kids or something. Plus who knows what else it's gnawing into?

If you can't identify the problem as stemming from a pest, it sounds like it's time to switch to a better brand of backyard pool. Standalone pools are supposed to be convenient!

Hotrod25

Intex is the best one out there. I'm sure it's a rodent. We live in the country and they are out there. I am going to buy a really big Tote this year to store it in. This way nothing will get into the pool in the winter.

Luanne

Holes in pools

We used to have an outdoor cement pool, but it was so much trouble because of the trees surrounding it. It also meant all sorts of family and their friends inviting themselves over when it was really inconvenient for us. When we bought a new house, we turned down several because they had swimming pools. I'd say they're just too much trouble all around.

FenderBender

I heard that you are meant to leave them up even in the winter. I have never had one so I am not sure about that. Maybe you could try storing it in a different location.