Honda's with loud muffler

Lamboguy

I have a question about the young people I see with those loud mufflers and are usually driving Honda's. What is the point of having the car so loud. They take off from an intersection and the muffler is so loud, but the car is slower than mine I swear. Is it just a thing to be cool or does it somehow affect the performance of their car?

Leslie

I think they think it's "cool" somehow. It doesn't make any sense to me, either - and it's downright annoying when they drive through the neighborhood. I think they need to can the glasspacks and just have a normal car.

Devoted2Dodge

I too, have also wondered why some people had such loud mufflers on their car. I just find a loud muffler annoying! Why waste time or money on a loud muffler? If the person was smart they would use that time and money on something that benefits their car.

FenderBender

I I have a loud muffler but it is because my car is old and it needs to be replaced. I know that you can buy mufflers that are louder, I am not sure if it is performance related but it is something to make it sound more powerful anyway.

Ares

I think the way your car sounds has nothing to do with your car's performance. Some people just see (rather listen to) things differently. I don't think a loud muffler is cool at all.

MaximumSpeed

You know, it's an oxymoron: "loud muffler" when to muffle means to make quieter! I don't understand the desire to have the car so loud, either. I prefer to have mine smooth and quiet!