How close are you?

Brent

How "close" are you to your car? I have a friend who is really close to his, to the point that he would know if something would go wrong with his car before it really took place.

Road_Runner

I am not really close to my car, but we have an understanding. I treat it right, and it never leaves me stranded. :) I have a friend that is so close to his car, that it seems he tucks the car in at night. LOL

Donald

I would say that I'm only about average when it comes to being close to my car. I'm quick to notice if something sounds funny, or if it seems to be handling a little unusual. Beyond that though, I have to rely on warning lights and maintenance services. I also know a couple guys that have a really good feel for their cars. I'm a little jealous that they have this ability. :tongue1:

Smooth

When I first got my 1991 Volvo I could care less about it. I got it for free from my aunt and uncle when I was 16, three and a half years ago. It was my first car and I thought it was a POS. It has actually gotten worse over the years, but now I love it and plan to drive it until it falls apart. I have learned pretty much all I know about cars with that car. I have fixed the odometer, painted it, and fixed an oil leak on that car. I still think it is a POS, but it is my POS.

Last edited:

MaximumSpeed

My car is a machine. I don't get "close" to machinery. As far as that "oneness" some people have with their cars - I just don't. When I was a teen, I had a cop pull me over to tell me I had a flat tire. I had no idea. Pretty pathetic!

Lamboguy

So long as my car gets me from point A to point B we can be friends. That's conditional love for you. If and when I get a fancier car worth more, I'll probably treat it with a lot more care and love. :nerd:

philio

I am pretty close to my car. I have no plans of replacing it and I care for it like I would a family member. The hope is that I can take such good care of it that it will last me another 10 years.

Hotrod25

I'm not close at all - I wish I was closer. I hear something and think oh she is groaning! I usually tell my dad or my hubby and have them take a look at it. Would be great to be able to fix my own car or even know when something was wrong with it - without waiting for the light to come on the tell me there is a problem.

silverfox

I am quite keen on listening to my car. I can always tell when something is not sounding right. I have sold or gotten rid of a few cars in the past, and each time I have, I suddenly feel remorse. I start missing my car, like a family member has just passed or something. LOL! I know, pathetic!

vroombaby

I bonded with my car the first and only time I was ever caught in a speeding ticket. Actually I kid, that was the old car. For this car it was the first day I drove it as it just felt "right".

HANG

I bonded with my car the first and only time I was ever caught in a speeding ticket. Actually I kid, that was the old car. For this car it was the first day I drove it as it just felt "right".
I can agree with that, vroombaby. I find that if you like a car from the beginning and it is your own choice (not just given to you by the dealer), you know, you actually built it, you love it forever.