How have you helped someone out in a pinch?

Midnight Tech

Administrator
I'll start - a couple years back my friend and classmate was moving at Myrtle Beach, so I told them I'd be glad to help, even though that meant a 3 hour drive down and back. So I fired up my trusty 87 Hardbody, headed down, and helped them out - the alternator decided to quit on me and had to do a hasty replacement before heading back home. Took longer to find the alternator than to change it! Had a blast doing it - and would do it again in a heartbeat!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The last time I helped someone I had to make a u turn. It was a simple jump though. That is what it usually is. Oh, I take that back. I had someone who needed gas at my house the about two weeks ago, so I used what was left of the can for the mower.

JeepCrawl

I have given people jumps before and I have helped them change a flat tire as well. I think it is important to help people out when they need it.

Wildman

I give jumps all of the time but I'm going to buy a jump box as soon as I can. I'm afraid I'm going to burn my vehicle up in the process. So, as soon as possible, I'm going to get that jump box so I can continue to give jumps without worrying about it.

Flipit

Helping others

I've given jumps and helped with flat tires, of course. The most vivid time I've helped someone is when a guy who was riding his bike across the country was within 200 miles of his destination when we met him by the side of the road. He had broken his bike. We took him home with us, gave him a hot meal and loaned him our guest room for the night. The next day he was in better shape to fix his bike and head for the Atlantic Ocean.

UGoGirl

I have helped quite a few folks with dead batteries. I am kind of amazed at how many people do not carry jumper cables with them. I gave my old cables to guy once. He was down-and-out and was having recurring battery issues, so I just gave him mine and went and replaced them later.