How long do u keep a car?

redwing

I tend to buy a car and drive it until it is dead. I feel like I have a close relationship with my car... is that crazy? How long do you keep a car before you replace it?

cruisin

I keep them for a long time. I have had this car for 6 years now and I'm going to keep it until it's dead. I hate car payments so I try to keep them as long as I can.

I own two vehicles and I trade one every three years which is normally at the end of the standard warranty, so both are fairly new. If all else fails, then I use 50,000 miles as the trade marker and purchase an extended warranty when each reaches the end of the standard warranty.

Brent

I tend to buy a car and drive it until it is dead. I feel like I have a close relationship with my car... is that crazy? How long do you keep a car before you replace it?
No, I don't think that's crazy. Similar to you, I also usually use a car till it stops working anymore. I don't buy a new car just because a new model is released on the market.

redwing

I wish I could buy a new car just because I wanted to. It is not practical, affordable, or environmental friendly. Would you paint your car to keep it looking new?

breakpad

I have two cars, well I have one and my wife has one. Mine is old and I feel akin to it. I like working on it and keeping it going. My wife on the other hand likes to have a new car every 2-3 years.

DogGuy

I drive them til they're dead. :smile: Seriously, I can't see wasting the money on trading when I still have one that works. I once saw one of the richest women in our state and she has a 2007 Honda Prius. She said she loves it and won't trade it until it breaks down irreparably.

rocketgirl

I've never owned a new car...yet. My first car was a little beater given to me in high school, and I drove it for two years while saving up for a slightly nicer used car. That car I drove for about 4 years before selling it to move. I've just returned and have another used ride that I'll probably have for at least a year. I miss the second car badly.