How low are gas prices?

Naptime

With summer travel season at an end, gas prices are starting to plummet. In my area they are as low as $3.20 a gallon as compared to prices over $4 a gallon just a month ago. How low do you think they will get this winter? How low are prices for you?

classicjuju

We've dropped a bit but not as much as I would have expected and not nearly as low as your area. We're still running about $3.80 here. I'd love to see it go down more.

Wildman

The cheapest gas here has been 2.99 but that's at only one gas station in town. Needless to say, that station is staying very, very busy. I went past there yesterday and they had cars lined out into the street. Thank goodness they were in the middle turn lane and we were able to get around them. I had a full tank at the time so I didn't join the hoards. I just hope the price stays there or lower, until after the holiday season.

vroombaby

We have not dropped nearly enough and it seems that one week gas price is up, the next week milk by the gallon is up. They keep flip flopping so either way one week you are paying more for something you need.

smash

Not that great for us still. We just dropped under $4/gallon - all stations are sitting at $3.999 - sick! I hope they keep dropping! I always buy my gas at the local grocery store. They do deals - so many cents off each gallon.

Hotrod25

I would love to see $2.99 a gallon! We are just under $4 here too. I think our problem is our taxes though. NY State is one of the highest taxed state. I'm just glad it's not rising anymore.

classicjuju

The gas prices are finally coming down here. We went out to do shopping and errands yesterday and I saw $3.59 as the lowest price along the way. That's a pretty good drop in just a week so I hope the trend continues.

Naptime

It went back up to $3.55 for us over the weekend but I am hoping it will go back down. I hate that the oil companies get away with gouging us at the pumps all summer long.

RoseRed

The lowest price I've seen lately in my area has been $3.54, but the news in the nearest city said there was at least one gas station offering $3.29 per gallon.

Otto Von

$2.99 a gallon?!? Lucky! We are sitting at about $3.50 per gallon. Not too long ago it was up to $3.99 a gallon. I think that the companies around here are afraid to go over the $4.00 mark.

vroombaby

Gasbuddy's website says that it is pretty cheap but I know some stations close to my home that are cheaper, still $2.89/gal is not that bad compared to the national average of $3.11/gal. There are also two smaller gas stations that were just built (within about 1/2 a mile area) of my place that are offering about $2.50/gal.