How Much Does it Cost?

sweetlhs

How much should I pay for a detailing job? I don't know the going price so I have no idea what to expect. And, are there levels of detailing? Any advice will be appreciated.

vroombaby

What type of vehicle do you have? It helps to know the size of the vehicle to get an idea. We tend to shop around and can get something simple for $20 or spend more depending on how much we want to pamper our "baby".

Wildman

If you're asking for a full detail with the seats and carpet removed and washed, you're looking at $150. It takes a bit of time to do also.

RoseRed

It depends on what you want. As Wildman said, full details can get quite pricy. A very basic job will run you around $25-30 where I live.

Flipit

I would like a really good detail job on my car the week before Christmas. We'll be having lots of out-of-town guests, and I would like for them to ride in a clean car. I think I'll just call this an early Christmas present for myself.

If you're asking for a full detail with the seats and carpet removed and washed, you're looking at $150. It takes a bit of time to do also.
I don't know what kind of car you have, where you live, or what all you're having done to your car that it's costing you $150, but around here, it's about a tenth of that. For $15, you can have a four door car washed and dried (by hand) and the entire interior vacuumed. For double that, you can also have the vehicle waxed, Armor All applied to the interior of the car, and the tires detailed.

Where's the extra $120 coming from on your end?

keith217

In the US. Depending on where you find the detailer. Usually its about $60-$250. It all depends on if the interiors completely done and leather finished. If they spend 8 hours on your car, it makes pretty good sense on why they can charge more. The cheaper prices I think are from the car washes. A real professional detailer will come and buff and correct the paint for you.