How old is your car?

Tony

With a tight economy and higher prices on cars what's the longest you've held onto a car? I have a car that is a '97 and a van that is a '99.

Luanne

Age of car

We have a van that we purchased new in 1999. We've added a new motor and hope to drive it another five or six years, minimum. We love this automobile, especially for family trips. It's comfortable and has lots of room.

CharlieBrown

I have a car that I bought brand new. It's a 1994 Honda Accord with almost 300,000 miles on it. It still runs good and looks decent, so I see no reason to replace it. I've owned this car a lot longer than I've owned any other car in my life.

We always buy used, so our cars are always kind of "old"! Our current car is a 2003 and runs great. It's never given us any problems. I've had a lot of issues with vehicles from '96.

vroombaby

I guess we have been pretty darn lucky so far at least with these two, the car is an 07 we got a few months after it was "brand new" with the truck being an 05 and we got it a few years later. Now other vehicles that we have both had kept serious miles on them and even a friend of ours has a van that easily has over 250k miles on it.

FenderBender

My truck is a 2002 but it only has 130,000 miles on it so it should last for quite a bit longer. I have been really lucky since I have only put about $2000 into repairs since I bought it 10 years ago.