How to talk him out of this

Always2gether

My fiancé is all for getting a bike. He wants one because it's always been a dream of his and also because he wants to save money on gas. How can I convince him that it's not something we need?

MaximumSpeed

That will be pretty difficult, with gas prices as they are. My son has a motorcycle and he loves the fact that he can go as far on 2.5 gallons of gas as we can on about 15. If he can get one at a reasonable price, you might be better off just letting him have it and pray for his safety!

Auto_Clueless

I know how you feel. My problem is with my brother. He wants one so bad. At least he doesn't have all the money together yet.

I hope you can convince your fiancée not to. I know that gas prices are really bad, but I would be so worried all the time. I personally hate the noise they make.

Sadie

Honestly, this is going to be a really hard thing to talk him out of because he has his mind so set on it and he also has some really great reasons to back up why he wants one. I've dealt with this and honestly, you may just have to let him have his way.

TBird65

Well, this is a tough subject that I have dealt with myself. Economically, it makes sense, but as far a safety goes....well, it's not safe. I still think about getting one sometimes, but would only do it if I were really financially well off. Does he need transportation or does he already have it? Does it rain a lot where you live? That would be a good argument, can't ride the bike to work if it's storming outside.

Marvin

Tell him there's only two kinds of motorcycle riders---the ones who have had their accident and the one's who are GOING TO have their accident.

When it comes to bike i always believe that the riders are quite fast, and they not pay attention on driving, they want to show that they are best in driving, they show some stunts which can made them fall sometimes and furnish injury, so all the bikers please drive safely, and don't get panic when it comes to riding.

Last edited:

SpdBump

Pull up lots of statistics. If you're set on talking him out of it, try to scare him out of it. I can't say that would work on me, but it would at least give me pause.