Hyundai and Kia

HANG

Ford had some big layoffs about a year or so ago I believe. I would never buy a foreign car. I have bought American for the past 30 years now. It is better for our economy if we buy American. To explain it simply, when these foreign cars are made overseas, they are using foreign workers. That not only hurts American jobs, but it lowers our GDP because when GDP is measured, imports are subtracted from the total amount.

chillen

Anything that is made overseas and shipped here does nothing for the economy. I wish people would quit whining about lack of funds here and realize they are the part of the problem. You can still shop smart and buy local.

NeedNewWheels

I would buy a Kia and I almost did just because I found one really cheap. I have nothing against buying a foreign car. To each his own.

chillen

I do because if it can help employee a local to my country, its going to help me in the end. I have nothing against other countries, but to me I am not going to buy a toy from China or a car from Japan because its cheaper. I buy local so the money stays in the country that makes it, the one I live in. :)

NeedNewWheels

Maybe part of it is that I don't really buy new cars - only used. I guess buying parts and getting repairs could be something but I'm not sure exactly how much of the money you spend goes where.

coup

In the past I have never gone out of my way to buy American. However, now I do go out of my way to buy American every chance that I get.

philio

I agree that we should buy American. I don't support the war and I think our leaders are idiots, however I believe in the American people and I want to do what brings our jobs back.

HANG

I do because if it can help employee a local to my country, its going to help me in the end. I have nothing against other countries, but to me I am not going to buy a toy from China or a car from Japan because its cheaper. I buy local so the money stays in the country that makes it, the one I live in. :)
I agree with you all the way chillen. The problem is not that these Asian countries are all demons and they hate Americans. The problem is that Americans are simply unwilling to pay the higher price for our own quality made equipment, so these jobs are going overseas.