I hate Christmas music

JeepCrawl

Before anyone gets the idea that I am a humbug, I have to say that I love everything else about the holiday season. I love the baking, decorating, tree trimming and holiday movies. I just can't stand Christmas music. It probably has something to do with the fact that they start playing it earlier and earlier every year.

FenderBender

I don't care for it either. I probably wouldn't mind it if they only played it for a week or 2 but for almost 2 months straight on repeat? No thanks! I do like the holidays though so I don't think you are a humbug at all.

Wildman

To each his own. I enjoy it but then I usually avoid it until after Thanksgiving. I equate Christmas music with days gone by. Nostalgic reminiscing is one of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season.

Vroom Vroom

I love Christmas music, but not before Thanksgiving. They were playing it in the grocery store tonight when I ran in to get some stuff. Way too early.

Flipit

Come Monday morning, we'll be playing Christmas music around here. We do wait until Thanksgiving weekend is over, but once things get rolling at church and in the stores, we're on high volume until the new year.

UGoGirl

I have always thought it was crazy that a day after Thanksgiving it's like flipping a switch and poof!---it's Christmas. That seems so superficial to me.

smash

I love it! I just dug out my Kenny Chesney Christmas CD to take to work tomorrow. I will play Christmas music everyday now right up to Christmas (at work). My co-workers get a little sick of it but it's my office!

vroombaby

I seldom listen to it myself but I do have a favorite song, shouldn't everyone? This year they started in my area playing it well before Thanksgiving even started which seems even earlier than any other year.

sweetlhs

I enjoy Christmas music but like so many of you, I don't enjoy it starting in September. After Thanksgiving is plenty soon enough for me. In fact, two weeks before Christmas would be even better. It's unavoidable though. Every where you go, there's Christmas music.

smash

I would not want to hear it in September either. Seeing Christmas items in the store before Halloween is bad enough. I just bought the new Blake Shelton Christmas CD.