I want a new car

Flipit

I am so ready to buy a new car. I just have to vent. I've been good and kept this one for a lot longer than I usually keep a car. The economy has been terrible and I feel guilty for feeling this way. I'm going to try to be good and resist for at least another year. I just needed to have a childish, irresponsible moment here. Mostly I want a car with heated seats.

sandis

They cost a ton of money and you lose a good chunk of it taking it off the lot. Are heated seats the only thing you want now? What do you actually need?

Retread

Imagine what that money would do to fund your retirement savings, college savings or anything else that is looming out there in your future. Invest it instead, drive your old car for another year and think back to how smart you were to resist temptation. I know how you feel, Flipit. I have heated seats (ducking).

Lindsey

Maybe you can compromise and get a gently used car with heated seats. So much money is lost as soon as a new car is driven off the lot, I think used is the way to go.

Bentley

If heated seats are the only thing you are truly looking for, then I would hold off in looking for a new vehicle. However, if the one you have now is falling apart then I would say go for it, and get a new vehicle.

HondaMan

Yeah, Flipit, I hear ya. I too have been wanting, maybe not a brand new car, but a gently used, used one. My old '94 Honda is ready to retire to occasional runs to the grocery store, as she can no longer be trusted on long cross-country trips. I'm trying to find another small car, perhaps a Honda or Toyota, in the five to six thousand dollar range.

JohnBoy

Waiting a few more years

I need a new car as well, but I'm going to postpone it for as long as I can and maybe spring for one a little bit more to my liking than to my wallet.