IMSA GT3 Clinched by a 15 year old driver who can't leaglly drive yet

jason

Administrator
Staff member
This weekend, Madison Snow clinched the 2011 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge at the series’ stop at Laguna Seca. At first this would sound like just another champion driver winning their series until you find out that Madison isn’t even old enough to legally drive. He’s 15.
So how does a kid who doesn’t own a driver’s license come to win one of the most intense race series in the world? First, the name Snow should sound familiar to those who follow motorsport. Madison is the son of Melanie Snow, a local veteran racer from Pleasant Grove who just got drafted into the first all-women driver crew in ALMS history. His family has a history and we think it’s a safe bet to assume he’s living up to their speed-filled expectations.

more http://dailyderbi.com/imsa-gt3-clinched-by-a-15-year-old-driver-who-cant-legally-drive-yet/

Alexus

Well, lucky him! I am sure there are lots of 15 year olds who would love to participate, but they don't all have the advantage of having a mother who is a famous racer.

Donald

I agree with Alexus, but that's still a remarkable achievement for someone so young. Even with the advantages he clearly has, he must also have a lot of talent. Hopefully this early success doesn't make him overconfident. I can imagine how I'd feel with all of that attention at that age.

MaximumSpeed

Wow! That's really awesome! I'm surprised they let him drive without a license, though, even if he is the son of someone famous. I guess they could because it was a closed track?

FenderBender

That is fantastic. We had a local driver here who was a champion racer and he was only 14. I always thought that was pretty amazing.