Insuring a Motorcycle 2011

philio

It has been a long time since I had a motorcycle. Back then the cost of insurance was not that bad. Does anyone know how much they are charging for motorcycles these days?

MotorX

My insurance is about $280 a year, I think. Not too bad at all. I use AllState. I think I get a discount through my dad because he has a bunch of policies there and his name is on mine, too.

Donald

Similar to cars, I think it depends on the bike and how much coverage you're looking for. I've heard that on average motorcycle insurance is significantly cheaper than car insurance. If you were happy with prices in the past, you'll probably still like the rates, at least compared to what car insurance currently goes for.

Hotrod25

A lot I think... I know my dad always complains that it cost a lot to insure a motorcycle. Then again when there is an accident, I bet they pay out a lot more too. I would check with your car insurance company and see if you can "couple" them together and get a better deal.

lamborg25

Similar to cars, I think it depends on the bike and how much coverage you're looking for. I've heard that on average motorcycle insurance is significantly cheaper than car insurance. If you were happy with prices in the past, you'll probably still like the rates, at least compared to what car insurance currently goes for.
That is very true plus around $280 is not so expensive. You cannot compare that to what we pay for our car insurance.

Overall, I think it is best to go for a comprehensive cover but that is also reasonable in cost.

Alexus

If you have any other type of insurance - car, home owner's, renter's, etc, motorcycle insurance can usually be added at a very minimal cost. You should check with the company you are with and ask for a quote.

Lindsey

Although bike insurance is far cheaper than a car, they get you by making you pay for an entire year instead of just the six months or so when you can actually ride. At least that's the case here.

PEZluvr

Yeah, it really depends on where you live. If you live in the northern states that get snow half the year, it seems like having a motorcycle is going to cost more for less riding time than you get in the south, where you can ride all but two or three months.