Jackrabbit?

Testdriving

I read in another forum about "jackrabbit" starts being not a green way of driving. I mean you impatiently waiting for the red light to turn green, and slamming on the gas after the light turns green. But I don't see many drivers doing that anymore. Do you?

TopGear

I don't personally, because I'm aware of just how much it affects my fuel economy. There are still a lot of boy racers around that do it though, I still see it from time to time.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I still see people doing that. People speeding. I have been trying to stay at 40-45, with a speed limit of 45 and people are getting mad and others pass me like I'm standing still. But it is their loss. I got my v8 truck to 17mpg and improving, the wife's v6 SUV to 24-25mpg.

Chevy_Lover

I just have ZERO patient, and at this point I rather just stay home because I will be spending too much on gas. The slower I can go is 5 miles over the speed limit. I don't sprint when the light changes, but I go right away. I hate when people just stay there. Most of the time, they are on the phone.