Jiffy Lube

Lamboguy

I go to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed to stay away from the regular mechanics that want to tell me I need 3,000 dollars worth of work done everytime I take my car in. The guy at Jiffy Lube is starting to get on my nerves now too. They keep recommending more and more and he even tried to make me feel guilty because I haven't had the service they recommended last time. I'm not having that!

JohnBoy

They just want to keep their jobs and bring in business. My nephew used to work with them, and it's just the way the whole country is working now. There is advertising everywhere. Repeat business means people keep their jobs. Consume. Consume. Consume. You're the customer.

Naptime

I stopped going to places like that when Tuffy told me they wouldn't complete the service unless I had the $2000 plus laundry list of work done on my vehicle that they recommended. None of it needed done. He wasn't trying to make me feel guilty he was trying to extort money from me!

Lamboguy

I see what you're saying Johnboy, but I am already a repeat customer. I like their quick service for an oil change, but that is all I want from them. I use a different mechanic for the other things. It won't drive me away, because they are convenient, but I do get annoyed.

Hotrod25

I've never gone to a Jiffy Lube - then again we change our own oil here at home. I figure pretty much all dealers and auto repair places try to sell you more then you need.

Corinne

I do like being able to dash in, sit down and read a few magazines, and leave in as fast a time as possible. Hence, I go to Jiffy Lube and a few other places like that. I do appreciate a clean waiting area with a soft drink machine available.

bjstorm

When I need work done I have my regular mechanic. But they charge a lot for a simple oil change and they don't check everything like they do at Jiffy Lube. So I go there for my oil changes. They may suggest work that needs doing when they go through their check list but I look at it as being informed for free.

Vroom Vroom

I'm a Mystery Shopper for Jiffy Lube. They are suppose to suggest things according to the mileage on your vehicle. If they don't and a Mystery Shopper reports them, they get a warning.

I just say "not today" when something is offered. If I feel it is something I need, then I do it myself or take it to the guy that usually works on my vehicles.

MaximumSpeed

I don't use Jiffy, but the place where I get my oil changed does that. The thing that bothers me about them, though, is that I KNOW they mark things on their "checklist" that they did NOT do. I haven't confronted them about it (yet) though.

Pete

They are supposed to try and upsell you. Jiffy Lube is a retail outfit and that's how they make money. No different than going to McDonalds and being asked if you want fries and a soda with that Big Mac. By the way, I don't use Jiffy Lube because I change the oil myself.

spaz

upon ecroein

I'm sorry, but if you actually feel guilty because you didn't listen to the JiffyLube guy, you need to worry about more than the guy selling you stuff. Seriously, why would you feel guilty over what some random stranger says?