Key fob dead again

vroombaby

We have already replaced this thing twice and I really do not get how we can be killing it so quickly. Does anyone else have this problem? Within a single year its been replaced twice.

Blitzer

Are you getting it straight from the dealer? Do you have your choice of codes to program into it, or is it pre-set. I would look into those questions first.

Opal

Blitzer is correct. Get it straight from the dealer. You may pay more for it but it will worth it in the long run. Last one I had replaced cost about $80.00 and that was years ago. Maybe they've come down some now.

Donnie

Key fobs

We lost one on a long distance trip one time and had to replace it. Even ten years ago, it was $75. for the replacement. I'd go straight to the dealer. Back then it was hard to find a replacement.

Rodney

It shouldn't happen twice in one year. Get it from the dealer and ask about a warranty because you may just have gotten a fob that's a lemon.

vroombaby

Direct from the dealer, yep. See why I am totally confused? We have gotten one through the dealer that almost cost the arm & leg, another that we ordered online from the manufacturer who makes them for the dealers. Same thing!