Leaf Stains

Chandler

My vehicle is rather light in color being a light gold color. I had leaves on my vehicle and they were wet because it had rained during the night, but they blew off when I was on my way to work. When I went to get in the car to come home from work yesterday, I noticed they had left some stains on top of the car. I washed it on the way home and used a chamois but there are still some faint marks left. What do I use to get these off?

tuner

Something a little harsher might do the trick; I've actually seen a rag with some gasoline on it take out some pretty tough marks on a car without hurting the paint.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
What you want to do is pick up some polish, make sure it is polish and not wax and try that first. If that does not work you can go with a cleaner polish. Slowly work your way down until you get to a clay bar. I highly doubt you will need to go that far. Make sure to apply a coat of wax after the cleaning process.

AllenWrench

That's a good idea Jason. I was going to suggest some rubbing compound but you have to be careful with it. If you don't rub it out well or rub too hard, you can leave marks from that.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I learned you always start with the least abrasive stuff and work down.