Lexus Christmas commercial

AWOL

I have to laugh, but is anyone else here getting a little tired of the Lexus Christmas car commercial? How many people, in this economy, do you think are getting a Lexus for Christmas? Certainly not me....kudos to the people who are!!

vroombaby

Man if Santa left me a Lexus (and fully paid off) I think I would be a better girl all year round. Then again I really have never met a person who got a car from Santa. Anyone else?

Last edited:

SpeedyG

I think they are so cheesy (with the bow all tied around the car and everything). Really, how many people go Lexus shopping for Christmas?

FenderBender

I think it is a little ridiculous myself. Even when the economy was good, how many people actually got a car for Christmas? It certainly never happened to me.

Lamboguy

They've had those Lexus commericals for Christmas as long as I can remember. I always wondered who the heck they were for. Unless you are rich, you're not going to buy a luxury car as a gift for someone so that pretty much eliminates 99.9% of the people watching the commercial.

NeedNewWheels

Is that the commercial where the guy says something like "If you're not a millionaire you're probably not getting somebody a car for Christmas"? That commercial is just obnoxious. You know, some people can hardly afford to drive their children to school each day.

Hotrod25

I am not sure which commercial is for the Lexus - guess that means they are not marketing well. I don't think advertising cars for gifts is a crazy idea though. The whole world is not in the tank - remember the 1% is just fine. It's the rest of us that are struggling.

AWOL

Even if I had the money I'm not sure I'd buy a car as a Christmas gift. If you are going to spend that kind of money on someone, wouldn't you want to get them exactly what they want? I might like a black Lexus, but she might like a white BMW instead. I'd rather not risk it.

NeedNewWheels

I don't think advertising cars for gifts is a crazy idea though. The whole world is not in the tank - remember the 1% is just fine. It's the rest of us that are struggling.
I don't know though. I don't think commercials are geared toward the 1%. I do wonder what marketing tests they did with that commercial. I just think it comes off as really pompous.

Alexus

I thought it was a good commercial, but I thought it kind of strange that the one lady bought her guy a red car. I don't know many guys who drive candy apple red cars.