Liner or no Liner

coup

I was reading one of the new articles about bed liners and I wanted to know how many people do not use a liner on their pick up trucks.

I have tried both and the conclusion is clear. You do need a bed liner if you are going to "use" the truck for a truck in any way. In addition, this last truck I purchased, I had a "sprayed in" bedliner in there and that is by far (while more expensive) the best way to go.

I love it and will make sure in the future to budget for that item as one of my first options in my new trucks. With the sprayed in liners, things just don't seem to slide around and also it is better looking and water doesn't get around the liner and down in the bed to rust the underneath area. There is just no comparision on the aftermarket and spray in liners, the spray on liners are heads and shoulders above the plastic composite slide in liners. (always hated those bolts in the metal truck bed to clamp it down)

daddysmonkey

It's definitely a matter of what you intend to use the truck for, and how much you mind the dents and rust that will probably occur if you don't use the liner.

Danny_123

I am going to say use a liner every time. One day you might like to sell the truck and it is always a plus to have a truck bed that is in better shape.

DogGuy

I have a sprayed on "LineX" brand bed liner in my truck and I love it. I would put it up against any type of liner that you use. It's tough and it looks good. I have yet to chip it and I cart around a bunch of stuff sometimes.