Little old lady drivers!

bobc

Seriously I was driving home on a dirt road yesterday and this little old lady pulled right out in front of me. I should say she turned right in front of me! I slammed on my brakes and she just looked at me and put her hand over her mouth! Wow! I think elderly people need to retake their road tests to keep their license!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Florida. You get used to it. And do not mind that blinker, it has been on since the first turn an hour ago.

leadfoot

Old people are great. Just not on the highways. Their reaction time and awareness is not what it used to be. However, if you took their license, their independence would be gone and one day, you and I will be in the same spot.

Hotrod25

I see it often to - must be a lot of little old ladies around. I do agree that everyone should have to retake their driving test every 10 years! Do you think more accidents are caused by elderly drivers or new drivers?

bobc

I could not survive Florida! All of those "snowbirds" would drive me crazy. That is what we call people who leave NY and go to Florida (snowbirds). She is lucky I was paying attention.

smash

I could not move to Florida or any state where there a bunch of crazy drivers. I think teens are just as bad though. They pull right out in front of people too. I have had it happen to me.

vroombaby

My sister in law drives like that and it confuses everyone in the family, she is younger than me but she sometimes does not understand that there are other people on the road. I actually avoid driving in the same car as her because me being such a control freak, I know it would not end well.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I could not survive Florida! All of those "snowbirds" would drive me crazy. That is what we call people who leave NY and go to Florida (snowbirds). She is lucky I was paying attention.
We get snow birds from everywhere too, and each state has their own laws and driving style. So it makes for interesting driving.

I could not move to Florida or any state where there a bunch of crazy drivers. I think teens are just as bad though. They pull right out in front of people too. I have had it happen to me.
They start driving at 15 for a learners permit here and 16 for your normal license.