Lottery

Vroom Vroom

What would you do if you won the lottery? I always find it interesting when people say they would give a lot of the money away. I know of so many charities that misuse the money they receive. I would really have to think about who I would want to give a large sum of money to before I donated it.

sweetlhs

Yahoo had an article on yesterday that said the ones who had won past lotteries and maintained their current lifestyle did the best. With sound investments they prospered and had a happy life. Most folks who won and were undisciplined in their finances were broke with a few years. I would like to think I would be one of the disciplined ones.

UGoGirl

I would focus on eliminating all current debt and then on staying out of debt for life. Then I would become a serious student of art and lead the life of a working artist. (I would need an airplane instead of car then!)

If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is invest, so that my money would start making money. Then, I would pay off all my debt and work out a budget that allowed me to live comfortably, and STICK TO IT! ;)

Flipit

It always amazes me when people who win a million dollars think they can quit their jobs and live the good life. A million dollars doesn't really last all that long, especially if you quit your job and start spending. I think I could live comfortably for the rest of my life on about three million and think I was rich. Anything less, I'd feel upper middle class and really still watch my spending and investing.

FenderBender

I think one of the most important things you can do if you win a large sum of money is to hire a team of financial advisers to help you invest it. I would probably keep my current lifestyle because that is just who I am. I would however pay off the home we live in (which is a duplex that we rent half of) and buy a new home. That wouldn't make too much difference because then we would have income from both halves of the duplex instead of just 1. I might also invest in some more rental properties to generate income for the future.

The only lavish things I would do would be to take some vacations outside of the country that I have never had the money to do before.

Vroom Vroom

It always amazes me when people who win a million dollars think they can quit their jobs and live the good life. A million dollars doesn't really last all that long, especially if you quit your job and start spending. I think I could live comfortably for the rest of my life on about three million and think I was rich. Anything less, I'd feel upper middle class and really still watch my spending and investing.
If you had won the lottery last night and took the "Cash Option," you would have had about $325 million all at one. I would certainly quit my job if I got that kind of money! I would put it into some kind of account where it would draw interest and live off of that.

smash

Pay off everything of mine and every family member! I would invest a ton for my kids college too. I would invest where I work too. I'm not sure what else I would do. I would donate but I would do it without people knowing.

Wildman

I would pay all of my debts and find some good investments. One of the most consistent things I would do would be to hire someone to clean the house. I hate to clean the house.

vroombaby

I would pay off any debt I have which right now compared to many others is quite minimal. After that I would stock up to pre-pay a few of my normal bills and then take a month long vacation.