• Want to learn to drive manual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can drive manual, prefer automatic

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • can drive manual prefer manual

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

cruisin

I can drive a stick shift and automatic. I love them both! I think with the stick shift you have more control in the snow and ice. I also think automatics are great too because you just put it in gear and go.

I think it kind of depends upon what you area driving. If you are driving a sporty type car, then give me the stick shift and "let er' fly." However, if driving a nice family style car, hand me the automatic. Both are great in particular situations. I have had a five speed manual many moons ago and that dude was a real hoot to drive.

When you are a country boy, you learn to drive the stick shift type before you are ten years old....down home on the farm. Then, the automatics are a piece of cake.

vayacondios

I learned how to drive on a stick, and I've always preferred them. I get annoyed with the delay of automatics when you press the accelerator before the car actually moves, and I feel I have more control over a manual vehicle.

sandis

can drive manual prefer manual
That has always been my preference, I took my test in it, learned very quick what a roll back was (well before Walmart thought up that catch phrase) and would love to have another. I am actually thinking my next car will be one just to get back into the swing of it again.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
That has always been my preference, I took my test in it, learned very quick what a roll back was (well before Walmart thought up that catch phrase) and would love to have another. I am actually thinking my next car will be one just to get back into the swing of it again.
My first vehicle was a manual. I used to drive it around the neighborhood when I was learning how to shift. Sadly, at the time, I lived in one of the few places with a hill, and a few stop signs that was a light uphill to get onto the other road. Boy that was fun. I hated it when people would get right on my bumper.