Miles or Kilometers

LDriver

Do speedometers use the same standard of measurement anywhere in the world? I am asking because other countries use kilometers while others use miles. Do the vehicles conform to them?

Dodge Doll

Yes they do, for the most part.

Most vehicles have both MPH and KMH on the speedometers now; it was law once that the turn signals had to be amber, but I think that one bit the dust.

I've seen Delica's with right-hand drive on the roads locally, that weirds my head out for some reason.

Jess28

I know all the vehicles I have owned or driven have both mph and km in the speedometer. I laughed when I went to Canada and they had km speed limit signs, I was confused at first. Good thing our vehicles come equipped.

Mustang37

Jess I noticed the same thing and asked my parents, why the speed limit signs were different.
Every vehicle I have owned has had both too. MPH is always on top and easier to see. I bet if we lived somewhere that km was the way to go, km would be on top.

fiat500

I have just realized this fact. When I was in Thailand I saw up to 300 in the speedometer of Honda cars and the average speed limit was 60 kph. Looking at my car's speedometer I see that it's only 115 and it says MPH in the middle.