Mom and her car

philio

I love my mother and think she is an amazing woman but there is one thing she does that drives me nuts. She never takes her car in to be fixed! She doesn't do oil changes or tire rotations or any routine maintenance. Then she ends up with a seriously broke down car and huge bill. Arg!

Chaoticdriver

I understand what you feel. Some people don't seem to be aware that a car needs regular maintenance. They think that keeping the tank full of gas is all they need to maintain the car.

dartmobile

That's interesting. I don't remember my mother, but even back in the eighties my step-mom would put off taking her car in for anything.

But the thing I remember most, was driving with her. She never looked where she was going. She would look at the person beside her and not watch the road. I can't figure out how she never had an accident!:shocked:

spinner

Unfortunately, I can be guilty of putting off some servicing on occasion. Of course for me, it's often a question of money, but that's still not an excuse not to be setting aside some money for that purpose.

Chandler

My Mom is the opposite. Every noise she hears, I have to come over and check it out. She got a gravel behind one of her hubcaps one day and I thought she was going to have a heart attack before I got there to see what it was.

Fanbelt

She never looked where she was going. She would look at the person beside her and not watch the road. I can't figure out how she never had an accident!:shocked:
That's amazing, yet scary. Are you sure she hasn't activated her third eye? :)

My mom doesn't have her own car, but if she did, I am pretty sure she would get it maintained well.