Moped question

Hotrod25

My friend just bought her son a moped and did not realize that the top speed is 27mph. Is there anyway to make the moped go faster? I mean there are ways to make everything go quicker right?

vroombaby

Most people who use mopeds in our area are those who are not allowed to drive anymore due to a DUI or being a repeat offender. What made you get him a moped?

Lamboguy

That seems kind of slow for a moped. Is it a very old one? I don't think they are that safe to be going at fast speeds, but I think they should go up to 40 or so MPH so the person can get around a city. No way should they be taken on the express way though.

MotorX

That does seem awfully slow. I had one years ago and it could easily go 55; I used it for work to save gas. Maybe take it for a tune-up?

Hotrod25

I thought it was slow too but the paperwork that came with it said maximum speed 27mph. I don't think he looked at that prior to buying it. Honestly I don't know why he bought it. He owns a car, truck, 2 dirtbikes, 2 4-wheelers and a motorcycle. I think it's just a toy!

MotorX

In that case, I would suggest he just leaves it in the yard for the kids to play with! Seriously, though, if it is *made* to only go 27mph, then it sounds like he's out of luck.