My Brother Bought A Beater

bjstorm

I can't believe what my younger brother just did. He was so anxious to buy himself a pick-up that he bought the biggest beater. He didn't even see it, just thought it was such a great deal and didn't want to miss out that he sent a couple of his buddies up to buy it for him. He knows it too.

Hotrod25

Too funny! I would never buy a vehicle without at least looking at it. Believe me, I've had my share of beaters - but at the time they were all I could afford. Hopefully he decides to sell this one - and makes a profit!

FenderBender

My brother tried to do that too, but as his financial advisor I was able to talk him into waiting for a deal on something better. I just hate to see people throw money away on things that aren't going to last long. It isn't a deal if you have to put a ton of money in it to make it work right.

striker

Wow, I would never purchase a vehicle without checking it out first! Did he at least look at pictures? Maybe he'll have luck fixing it up.

bjstorm

My dad couldn't believe that he did that. So my brother now has a different truck with money borrowed from my dad and he's fixed the beater up a bit and has it for sale. And he's hoping and praying he gets his money back.

ZoomZoom

I feel so sorry for your brother. I've always seemed to have pretty good luck with cars, no matter the price. One exception though....my wife wanted this Saturn she called about, so I went and test drove it. Seemed to drive fine, so I bought it. On the way home, a major issue came up...the thing kept overheating due to a cracked head. So we put some "miracle" treatment in the radiator and resold it. Got all our money back but $100.

Aces

Beater trucks

One thing is for sure. Your brother has learned a valuable lesson. This sounds so much like my nephew and his wife. They never ask for advice, and go out and dig themselves into financial trouble over a car, a trailer, a house or whatever else comes along. Then the stuff hits the fan and they expect my sister and brother-in-law to bail them out. Then they go and do it again. They still haven't learned, and my sis has cut off the safety net, I hope.