My car radio plays music from my phone

Kohn

I bought a mobile phone two years ago and I still like it now. It can store lots of music in its 4GB mini-SD card (along with the pictures I take from its 5-megapixel camera) and then transmit that music to my car radio at a certain radio frequency. Because of this I don't feel like much need for the CD player anymore. The great thing about this is I can design my own playlist (which is important to me by the way) and even program some self-development talks that I can listen to while I drive.

Are there others in this forum who do this? :high5:

LDriver

Yes, I play music from my iphone that I connect to a car charger/player kit which is good especially for long trips. Well, an hour drive is already a long trip for me.

MomVan

That would be awesome for those long road trips. I could make blocks of kids songs, blocks of good driving songs and you could probably even put audio books on it. Can you set it up to shuffle the songs or does it play straight through?

Kohn

@LDrive, that's absolutely cool! I'm not alone in using this technology, then.

@MomVan, Yes, you can shuffle the songs, depending on the features of your phone. My mobile phone allows you to repeat the entire playlist and shuffle them each time.

Guy

If your radio plays music from your phone, does that then mean that you can call out for a pizza from your radio?? The day is coming you know.....

Chevy_Lover

Do you need a special app so that the phone can play on the radio without a cable? I love listening to audiobooks from my phone, but I need to use a cable to connect it to the radio.

MaximumSpeed

I haven't done it from my phone, but my mp3 player works through an FM transmitter that we bought a while back and it is very customizable!

flatbed

I've read on another forum that there's talk about developing an app (for the Droid) that will allow you to transmit your music directly to your vehicle's radio station without the need for a transmitter. I have no idea if or when this app will be available. I just thought it was a neat idea.

RapidRon

I know that the new GM high end stock radios that will be coming out will feature bluetooth technology, allowing people to broadcast Pandora Radio (custom online streaming radio stations) with their smart phone and the stock radio. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves next.

07Silverado

I purchase an FM Transmitter for my fiance's birthday last October. She loves it and we often listen to the music on our phone. It is great around town, but if you live in a big city then forget it. The availability of free stations gets very slim when we visit Boston or NYC. Where we live it is great, so just a word of caution for those thinking of purchasing one of these.